It takes a TEAM to save lives! There are many ways to volunteer at Cody’s Friends Rescue! Let us know your talents and we will put them to great use! We welcome volunteers 18 years and older. Volunteers under the age of 18 may help as well, if they’re accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Benefits of Volunteering
Current Volunteer Opportunities
This role is responsible for tracking medical information on new dogs coming in as well as ongoing vetting for puppies while they are with the rescue and through adoption.
- Will initially work with Foster Coordinator to assure they have correct foster information for given dog / litter
- Manages and maintains spreadsheet on all litters / puppies to track vetting (1st, 2nd, 3rd vaccs, microchips) as well as follow up and tracking of needed altering post adoption.
- Documenting facility dog came from and location of vetting
- Spreadsheet to be kept on Google docs where Foster Coordinator and other roles can also have access and continuing updating
- Track all surgeries that are outside normal realm of vetting (medical cases such as leg surgeries, heartworm treatments, etc. which require follow up appointments)
- Requires communication with foster coordinator initially and periodic communications with individual fosters to update and ensure accurate info is maintained.